Ever since he joined Twitter in late July, Kanye West‘s Tweets have been a trove of creative inspiration for many: Shortly after he joined, someone made the remarkable discovery that his 140-character musings made swell captions for New Yorker cartoons. Then, this past Friday, graphic artist and game designer John Harper contributed to the growing field of Kanyeology when he made the observation that putting “Liz Lemon” in front of Kanye West’s Tweets makes him into Tracy Jordan, Tracy Morgan‘s brilliant absurdity-spouting self-portrait on 30 Rock.
This weekend, the Internet had fun with this game and discovered that Harper’s observation was eerily accurate. A few examples:
- Liz Lemon, Why don’t they make Macbooks that get online like the Ipad… that’s some bullshit man
- Liz Lemon, I wish I had a fashion week time machine… Now I gotta learn to live with regrets
- Liz Lemon, I want to edit the film on a boat… where are the good editing boats?
- Liz Lemon, I think girls be trying to impress other girls with all them weird ass lip colors lol
- Liz Lemon, ninjas are kind of cool … I just don’t know any personally. Get on that.
(Bet you just read those in Tracy Morgan’s voice.)
Now, there’s a Twitter bot that cuts out the middleman, morphing Kanye West Tweets into Tracy Jordanisms. Presenting: @kanyejordan.
Whipped up by Tom Armitage, this is one you’ll want to follow:
Yup, looks like all systems are go.