There’s a lot of charm in today’s animated Google Doodle for Valentine’s Day. First and foremost it looks great, but there’s some more subtle things to like about it. For one thing, it’s the first time I’ve seen Google suggest that there are things you can’t do with Google — search as he might, the protagonist of the video cannot find the gift to win the heart of his lady love. Secondly, the whole thrust of the video is that there is no way to “win” someone’s heart at all, and that the best connections are made when people act like themselves and share interests. Lastly, the ending montage of happy couples has a gay wedding. Way to go, Google; you really made me feel the love.
- Google protests SOPA
- You can buy Google Doodles now
- Google’s I Love Lucy doodle
- Google’s playbable and recordable Les Paul doodle
- Google’s amazing undersea Jules Verne doodle
- Google’s bouncy ball doodle blows minds
- Google’s Pac-Man doodle wastes time